FreshLeaf Analytics Q3 2020
FreshLeaf Analytics is excited to release Australia’s most comprehensive medicinal cannabis Patient, Product and Pricing Analysis.
Q3 was defined by the greatest drop in product price since early 2016 legalisation of medicinal cannabis products in Australia, as the market has grown 3x year on year and will close 2020 with around 30,000 active patients.
This report will be the fifth major publication from FreshLeaf, which is the leading source of information, data and analysis on the sector.
- Industry revenue expected to grow 3x in 2020 to ~$95M
- Number of available products has doubled in the last year to 150
- Largest YOY drop in price since inception of legal industry
- 20% of patients are taking low-dose CBD, a category that is likely to move to over-the-counter in 2021
- NZ going to the polls to vote on legalization for adult use
- COVID-19 has not significantly impacted sales, but may drive need for new taxable revenues and adult use discussion in Australia
- 2021 likely a turning point in defining what a ‘healthy’ industry looks like